We are pleased to welcome Alexis Lowry to CIMAM
24 September 2021
"I am especially interested in CIMAM’s collective commitment to questions of sustainability within the field of museum work, as well as the resources it offers curators who are invested in addressing the pressing social questions of our times. I know that my own research and practice, as well as the work I do institutionally, would be greatly enhanced by access to the wealth of resources developed and shared through CIMAM."
Alexis Lowry, Curator, Dia Art Foundation, New York, NY, USA
She has curated and co-curated the following exhibitions during the past 5 years:
- 2021–2022. Lucy Raven, Dia Chelsea, New York, NY
- 2021–ongoing. Charlotte Posenenske, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2021–ongoing. Charles Gaines, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2019–2021. Barry Le Va, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2019–2021. Mel Bochner, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2019–2020. Charlotte Posenenske: Work In Progress (international travelling retrospective), Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY, Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona, Spain, Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen Düsseldorf, Germany, Mudam Luxembourg–Musée d’Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean, Luxembourg
- 2019–2022. Lee Ufan, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2018–ongoing. Mary Corse, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2017–2018. Rita McBride: Particulates, Dia Chelsea, New York, NY
- 2017–ongoing. Anne Truitt, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2016 – 2021. Robert Morris, Dia Beacon, Beacon, NY
- 2016–2017. Kishio Suga. Dia Chelsea, New York, NY
- 2015. Hank Willis Thomas: Primary Sources, David Winton Bell Gallery, Brown University, Providence, RI
Among her latest publications we can find:
Lucy Raven, edited by Sophia Larigakis and Alexis Lowry (New York: Dia Art Foundation,2021)
Contributions by Lucy Lippard, Alexis Lowry, Jessica Morgan, Deantoni Parks, Lucy Raven, and Monica De La Torre
Mel Bochner: Measurements (1968-1971) (New York: Dia Art Foundation, 2019)
Contributions by Mel Bochner, Elyane Varian, and Alexis Lowry
Charlotte Posenenske: Work in Progress, edited by Alexis Lowry and Jessica Morgan (New York: Dia Art Foundation, 2019).
Contributions by Alexis Lowry, Isabelle Malz, Rita McBride, Jessica Morgan, Daniel Spaulding, and Catherine Wood
Essays and other publications
- 2021 “Casting Concrete,” in Lucy Raven (New York: Dia Art Foundation, 2021)
- 2021 “Barry Le Va,” Art Monthly, March 2021
- 2019 “The World as I Found it”: Mel Bochner’s Measuring without a Vantage Point,” in Mel Bochner: Measurements (1968-1971) (New York: Dia Art Foundation, 2019)
- 2019 “Susan Hefuna’s Crossroads” in Susan Hefuna: Drawing Everything (New York: The Drawing Center, 2019)
- 2019 “Charlotte Posenenske: Never ‘Done,’” in Charlotte Posenenske: Work in Progress (New York: Dia Art Foundation, 2019)
- 2019 “Dan Flavin: Ambiguous Light,” in Dan Flavin: Space and Light (Medellin: Museo de Arte Moderno, 2019)
2018 “Channa Horowitz,” in Art for Rollins vol. 3, edited by Abigail Goodman (Winter Park, FL: Cornell Fine Arts Museum, 2018)
- 2018 “Grounded Light: The Black Earth Series,” in Mary Corse: A Survey in Light, edited by Kim Conaty (New York: Whitney Museum of Art, 2018)
- 2015 “Black,” in Mohammed Qasim Ashfaq (London: Hannah Barry Gallery, 2015)
CIMAM – International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art – is an Affiliated Organization of ICOM.* Founded in 1962, CIMAM’s vision is a world where the contribution of museums, collections, and archives of modern and contemporary art to the cultural, social, and economic well-being of society is recognized and respected.
Join today, and take part in our network with over 500 contemporary art museum professionals from 66 countries.
Thank you for becoming a member of CIMAM!