"Museums are creators of symbolic capital"
“Museums are creators of a symbolic captain that can help in the idea of visibility, understanding, and awareness, but with this pandemic, the situation becomes more urgent because it has polarized the vulnerable. So what kind of institutions are we building? What are the discourses museums are giving now that we face lots of injustice within the art workers' world?”
Agustín Pérez Rubio is a CIMAM Board Member and Curator, 11th Berlin Biennale, Berlín and panelist at CIMAM #2 Rapid Response Webinar Reaching Across Distancing.
Rapid Response Webinars
The CIMAM board has designed a program of Rapid Response Webinars that will allow CIMAM members to continue discussing the most urgent concerns and questions affecting the modern and contemporary art museum community at this time. This initiative responds to CIMAM’s spirit and commitment to be a platform for global discussion, a space for sharing and connecting, for learning and encouraging cooperation.
Rapid Response Webinars are held every last Thursday of the month moderated by board members at different time zones and guests. They aim to provide short capsules on urgent concerns for the profession throughout the year. Rapid Response Webinars are free of cost and accessible only for CIMAM members. Sessions are recorded and posted at the Members Only section of the CIMAM website for those who missed the time.
Calendar of Webinars
- 28 May with Frances Morris, Suzanne Cotter, Ernestine Mifetu-White, and Sally Tallant.
- 25 June 2020 with Victoria Noorthoorn, Agustín Pérez Rubio, Elvira Espejo, Max Jorge Hinderer Cruz, and Luis Camnitzer.
- 30 July 2020 with Suhanya Raffel and Rhana Devenport.
- 27 August 2020 with Bart de Baere, Malgorzata Ludwisiak, and Ernestine White–Mifetu.
- 24 September 2020 with Calin Dan and Ann-Sofi Noring.
- 29 October 2020 with Saskia Bos and Sarah Glennie.
- 26 November 2020 with Mami Kataoka and Eugene Tan.
Watch Rapid Response Webinars
Did you miss it? Watch the webinar at CIMAM's only member section.